What you’ll learn
- Providing further understanding and a general knowledgebase on key IT technologies
- Overview on Servers and Virtualization
- Overview on key Network devices
- Overview on Storage technologies (SAN & NAS)
- Best Practices around Server Backups
- Looking at a Datacenter
- What System and Network Administrators do
- Common Interview questions
- How to get that IT job
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Desire to get into an IT career and improve your Technical understan
In this course we will cover all things Technology. If you are new to IT, or have been in technology for sometime, this course will give you the foundation that you need to either get that IT job, get promoted, or improve your existing Tech skillset.
This course will give you the essential and foundational technical skills for those who currently work in technology, as well as those who want to get into the IT industry.
In this course we’ll cover –
- Physical and Virtual Servers
- Basics of Cloud Computing
- What is AD, DNS, DHCP
- What is a Storage Area Network (SAN) and what is a Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Backup Technologies and Backup types
- Datacenters, Servers & Comms Rooms
- Networking technologies, including Routers, Switches and Firewalls
- Networking Cabling an office space
- What skills do IT techs and Administrators need to have
- Interview help and tips to help you get that job!
Do I need to be an expert?
No, this course is designed for people who are excited about technology and may be either working in technology or looking at getting into IT. It’ll provide an essential foundation for anyone aspiring to work and move up in technology, providing an overview of core system and network technologies.
Why this course?
This course will be easy to understand, and give you an overview of the necessary IT skills you need to know.
You’ll soon start to see why so many people love working in Technology. I love it, and hope that you do also!!
Of course this is only the beginning of your learning journey. Continuing to improve on your tech skills more and more will help you in being a highly skilled IT professional!
Who this course is for:
- Desktop & Support Engineers/Analysts
- System Administrators & Engineers
- IT Technicians
- IT Graduates